So if you're interested in learning more, then stick around.
- 1. What are Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions?
- 1.1. Firstly, let's talk a bit about Privacy Policies and why you might need one
- 2. Now that we've talked about Privacy Policies, let's talk about what a Terms and Conditions Agreement is
- 3.1. In summary, Privacy Policies:
- 3.2. Whereas a Terms and Conditions Agreement:
Hey everyone, it's Heleana here. Welcome to Privacy Policies, the place where you can generate custom-made Privacy Policies in seconds to help keep your business safe.
So let's get straight into it.
What are Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions?
Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions (T&C) agreements are both, as the names imply, legally binding contracts.
The main difference between these two types of agreements is this:
But there's a lot more to it than just that.
Let's take a look at each agreement and see what they accomplish for you and your customers.
Firstly, let's talk a bit about Privacy Policies and why you might need one
Privacy Policies weren't always required for business owners. Only as of recently have software developers and anyone else gathering personal data or private information from clients become legally obligated to have Privacy Policies.
This requirement has come from regulations like the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation and California's Online Privacy Protection Act that aim to protect personal information.
We have an entire video dedicated to Privacy Policies and the GDPR, so if you're interested in watching it, I'll have it linked in the description box below.
It makes users feel safe and cared for, and this inspires faith in your product.
This will come in handy if one of your users one day decides that you had no right to show them third-party advertisements based on information gathered from their account.
This may not seem like such a big deal, but in a world where people assume it's okay to pirate information and sell it to the highest bidder, everyone loses, including you. So it's important that people know and are reminded of their rights.
Now that we've talked about Privacy Policies, let's talk about what a Terms and Conditions Agreement is
This agreement is the perfect receptacle for all the information you need to share with users regarding copyright, licensing rights, rules of use, and limits of liability.
Since there aren't any laws regulating the way T&C agreements need to be written or presented, we recommend that you follow best practices.
A Terms and Conditions agreement might include the following:
- A disclaimer regarding the company's liability
- Usage restrictions and prohibited activities while using the site
- What the company is prepared to do in cases of abuse of the platform, such as terminating an account
- Copyright and intellectual property information
- Warranty disclaimers
- Terms for billing
- Subscription agreements
- And more
- Privacy Policies deal with the privacy of a consumer's data, how it's collected and what you will do with it. Terms and Conditions are used as a guideline for users to follow when using your product, service, app, website, etc.
In summary, Privacy Policies:
- Inform users about what personal data and information you'll be collecting, and how
- Explain why you're collecting this information, what you're going to do with it, and which third parties you may be sharing it with
- Tell the users which security measures are in place to ensure the security of their information
- And finally, they inform users of their rights under relevant privacy laws, and how these rights can be exercised
- Add information about your business: your website and/or app.
- Select the country:
- Answer the questions from our wizard relating to what type of information you collect from your users.
Whereas a Terms and Conditions Agreement:
- Explains how your product is allowed to be used
- Gives warranty disclaimers
- Discloses billing information
- Explains under what circumstances a user's account might be terminated
- Shares copyright information
- And finally, gives requirements for user-generated content
Need Terms and Conditions for your business? We can help you generate a customized Terms and Conditions agreement in around two-three minutes for free. Try our Terms and Conditions Generator and just follow these steps:
- Click on the "Create your Terms and Conditions today" button.
- At Step 1, select the where will you use your Terms & Conditions and click "Next step":
- Add information about your business:
- Select the country and continue to the "Next step":
- Answer the questions about your business practices and click "Next step" when finished:
Enter your email address where you'd like your agreement sent and click "Generate."
You're done! Now you'll be able to instantly access and download your new agreement.
If you have any more questions related to this topic that we didn't happen to touch on, please leave them in the comments below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Thanks for watching, don't forget to subscribe so you can stay up to date with all our latest videos, and we will see you in our next video.